An HVAC service contract is an investment that every homeowner should consider. Investing in a service contract is cheaper than paying for regular HVAC repair. A lot of HVAC manufacturers persuade their clients to have a service contract, which ensures regular repair and servicing of the device without any extra cost.
Each HVAC manufacturers have customized service contract, which mean they vary in terms and costs. The HVAC service contract, however, can be broadly classified under three categories, such as:
- Contracts covering only the labor cost, usually of either annual or semiannual planned maintenance visits to check, clean, and adjust equipment.
- Contracts are covering labor costs for both maintenance and repair visits plus costs of selected parts.
- Contracts covering the labor cost for planned maintenance visits and for unplanned repairs.
Details of the parts covered under the contractor can be found on the contract itself. So, read through it before signing. Depending on the plan, you may choose or reject the contract. However, here it is vital to know that service contracts can be beneficial for many. Let us look at some of its benefits
- Priority Customer Service: Irrespective of the urgency, the company will always prioritize its customers. They will address your query on a prompt basis, which means no delay and no waiting.
- Discounted Services: HVAC services or repairing offered by the manufacturer are discounted. You may get some free services as well; for instance, the manufacturer may offer two free services. A local contract, on the other hand, won’t provide such offers.
- Reliable Service: Availing HVAC service from manufacturers means no-damage repair. At the time of service, if any faulty part is found is replaced by the original part, meaning longer shelve life of the unit. A local contractor, however, may use a counterfeit part.
Having a service contract is always a good idea.
Learn more about regular AC maintenance importance here.